With the rain soaking us pretty hard outside, a warm delicious butternut squash soup is just what I need to warm up my belly. Butternut squash soup has always been my favorite, and there are only a few restaurants I have been to that do it just how I like. I can’t always get to these places, and none of them will let me in with my pajamas on. So I will have to try and make some myself. This next recipe is my first shot at it with the Instant pot. I found it on The Creative Bite, and I will say it is very good and easy to make. Now I am a slow cooker, so it took my about 45 minutes to make, but certainly an easy recipe to follow. This is going to be one of those make ahead meals for me. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. diced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh ground ginger
- 2 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cubed (1 medium squash)
- 1 medium apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. sage
- ⅛ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 3 oz. goat cheese or cream cheese (I used cream cheese and it was delicious)
- ⅓ c. Parmesan cheese
- Salted Pepitas for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the Saute function. Add the olive oil, onions and bell pepper. Saute on high for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the cubed squash, apple, sage, chili powder, sea salt and chicken stock.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and move the knob to seal. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure.
- Using an immersion blender in the Instant Pot, puree the mixture. Add the goat cheese and Parmesan and continue pureeing until very smooth.
- Serve garnished with Pepitas.